The church of ” High or Great Pantokrator ” was built in 6855 ” since the creation of the world” or in 1347 AD , in accordance with the founding of the monastery is preserved in the State Archives parchment N. Corfu.
Residents of 23 villages of Mount took the decision to build the monastery. This took place between the years 1343-1347. Since then, the monastery became an attraction and point of reference in the region.
The present church is the oldest restored form, placed in 17 th century. The rate of single-aisled vaulted church is flanked by outbuildings attached to the north and south side. On the walls of the church are preserved frescoes are the 17 th and 14 th century. And within it there are pictures of Ionian style and wonderful silver sacred vessels.
The monastery celebrates on 6 August, the feast of the Transfiguration.
In depth and at the foot of the mountain is the remarkable historical traditional village (the old village) Sinies with wonderful historic churches and traditional buildings.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.