It was built about 1832 on the site of an earlier mansion owned by the family, in which the first prime minister of the modern Greek state, Ioannis Kapodistrias, was born. The building later came into the possession of the Septinsular Republic and was used as the residence of the President of the Senate. After the unification of the Ionian islands with Greece it housed the prefecture offices for a time, and is now the home of the administration of the Ionian University. It is considered the finest work by the Corfiot architect Ioannis Chronis, because of its morphological and technical excellence. The composition of the facade has a monumental character of Classical inspiration, with the central section slightly advanced and the main storeys emphasised by very tall Corinthian pilasters of red local stone. The main rooms in the building have ceilings decorated with early modern paintings
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.